1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Win 10 & Logitech Wi-Fi Devices

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Dan Driscoll, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Yay! The latest Win 10 update restored compatibility with my Unifying receiver, K360 wireless keyboard and my M570 wireless trackball mouse. A Win 10 update a couple of years ago prevented Win 10 from seeing this KB & mouse on some PCs. MS never acknowledged the problem and Logitech either wasn't able or didn't make the effort to issue a patch. There were some workarounds, but none that worked well or consistently. Every Windows update since then I've I've pulled the out to see if they would work, but there was no joy until yesterday.

Having the wi-fi KB back is nice, but the real biggie is the trackball mouse. I love that model and never found another one that was as comfortable to use. I considered switching to Blutooth, but this mouse is wi-fi only, no BT.

2. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

I upgraded from Windows 8 (8.1) on two Windows 10 music servers I'd guess probably about 15 months back and I guess I'm lucky I never had a problem with the K360 keyboards I use.

3. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Yeah, it was a known, but not universal problem, which is likely why neither company dedicated the resources to fix it. From what I saw on various forum and user pages, it mainly hit home built PCs like mine and some heavily modded OEM systems. Standard OEM PCs were never or at least very rarely hit with it.