1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Vinyl cleaner

Discussion in 'Music Lounge' started by John mark, Jul 18, 2017.

1. John mark

John mark Member

Hi
    Any vinyl lovers out there? If yes then what cleaning solution do you use? I have a VPI Scout player and a Ortofon 2M Black cartridge. Also a VPI HW 16.5 vacuum cleaner and the solution it came with is near empty.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Just go to Audio Advisor, Music Direct or Acoustic Sounds on the internet for your solution, I buy it a gallon at the time. Nice TT and cleaner.

John mark likes this.
  3. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

Library of Congress process -

https://www.nedcc.org/audio-preservation/cleaning-discs

You can substitute Tegritol with Kodak photoflo. I saw a 16oz bottle for $7.99 at B&H photo +S&H

I have also have another formula which uses readily available components. I will post when/if I can find it. I use automotive wax foam pad to clean and drip dry. I also use dollar store anti-stat duster to pick up any dust and neutralize any static just prior to playing.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    John mark likes this.
  4. John mark

John mark Member

Thanks Claud and Capsuleri! Capsuleri, interesting info. I was a student today :)

5. John mark

John mark Member

Hey Claud
    What brand do you recommend ?

Thanks

6. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Discwasher

7. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

I use a Nitty Gritty and their fluid. If there is VPI cleaning fluid, then thats what you should use.