1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Those who have moved away from physical discs...

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by Blake, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

2. Jake Tillerson

Jake Tillerson New Member

I know the conversation has taken a different turn, but I moved away from physical discs a long time ago. With kids, I feel like I've caught them "ice-skating" on my discs too often. I'm moving to the media server side of things (Our Premiere Line of Digital Movie Storage & Players | Kaleidescape.com to be exact) and I hope it's better all around. I'm not sure how you get them to work from the files you already have, but once they've been ripped, there must be a way to get them on. Have you called customer support for your device?

3. RJ

RJ Member

With Kaleidescape, you still have to have the physical disc to my understanding. Without the disc, the server won't play anything.