1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

The trials and tribulations of a coffee addict

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by CJ, Feb 18, 2014.

1. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

I wrote a while ago that Breville replaced my broken referbed grind and brew with a brandy new one. The machine has been solid as a rock. I use a small brush to clear the grinder chute a couple of times a week, and descale monthly. That's it for maintenance. Loading it up with Coffee Bean Direct dark beans from all over the world keeps Maureen and me happy sippers. Just got a Breville food processor from Woot, which is another great machine.

2. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I'm sticking with push button hi-tech for everyday joe and the French press for iced tea and cold brew.

3. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I was considering an Aeropress but the small batch keeps me away. My main cups are 16oz. I don't want to make two batches. So I just don't think it's a good fit at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Well, I have whole beans left from the Breville experiment so I brewed with the Clever this morning. Really good cup. It definitely takes some time but I think I'm going to go back to this method.

5. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

You need to sell the Breville?

6. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Nah, returned it. I highly recommend Seattle Coffee gear. They let you return used equipment as a standard part of their satisfaction policy. No hassle.

DYohn likes this.
  7. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

I've still got an Aeropress at work...it rarely gets used now though.

8. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Plus Gail is a hoot on their YouTube channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Rick C

Rick C Member

Made some headway making single cup of coffee using my own coffee. CJ had mentioned using finer grounds. That tip along with a search on line regarding tips using the Keurig filter has done the trick.

Get a STRONGER Brew From Your My Kcup

Finally a better single cup of coffee from the Keurig using my beans.