The 2018 Lounj movie log (365 challenge)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by CJ, Jan 15, 2018.

1. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin War Zone Member Top Poster

Not sure if anyone else going to participate but I mentioned a 365 (movie a day) challenge I saw on Reddit and several members blanched at the commitment. But I thought I'd try a movie log thread. One post per member to be edited as you watch movies. Not a full review maybe one comment or a star rating to keep to one line per film. For mine, I'm going to keep a plus or minus vs. the 365 just for fun.
    1. Baywatch - Meh, funny, recycled plot.
    2. Sicario - Really good but disturbing.
    3. The Artist - Enjoyed immensely.
    4. The Post - Liked this one but it drug a bit, still worth a viewing for sure.
    5. The Imitation Game - Another that I'm only finally getting too. Really enjoyed it.
    6. The Giver - A rewatch. Older two kids wanted to see. Just OK. Imagine the book is better.
    7. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Rewatch for me but I'm going through the series with my 11 year old.
    8. A Hologram for the King - I liked this one. As I get older I think these "transition in life" stories appeal more to me.
    9. We Own the Night - Mafia drug ring cop drama set in the late 80s. Pretty dang good.
    10. Leap! - Bad... pretty good art design but the animation is sub-par, the story is kludgy, the dialog is terribly written. I feel like it had potential that was wasted.
    11. The Book Thief - Mixed feelings. Great performances and a heart-wrenching setting and plot but something felt off... trite. Just OK.
    12. Up in the Air - If you've ever wondered what your life would be like if you'd poured everything into professional success, watch this film. I really liked it.
    13. Transformers: The Last Knight - One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Not even worth the SFX and boom sounds. Terrible.
    14. Atomic Blonde - I thought it was pretty good. The ending props up the rest of the movie. I'll say no more.
    15. Atonement - Another movie I bought after awards season and never got around to. As such, I had no idea what I was really getting into. Good film. Not one to rewatch, but good.
    16. Blade Runner: 2049 - Really good. Enjoyed the heck out of this one!
    17. The Apple Dumpling Gang - Rewatch. My parents were over to celebrate Dad's birthday and my mom has been wanting to watch this. A lesser Disney classic but a family favorite.
    18. Groundhog Day - One of the best movies ever. Surprisingly deep and I'm not being pretentious or hipster when I say that.
    19. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - Pretty good. I wanted to like this one more than I did. The story seemed OK but it felt miscast and the dialog was clunky and wasn't used well to move the story forward. I could see it growing on me though now that I know the story.
    20. Wonder - Rewatch with the family. Great heartwarming film. I really like this movie.
    21. Okja - Finally got around to watching this Netflix original by Bong Joon Ho. A bit interesting in plot and ending. Would be interested in discussing if anyone else has seen it.
    22. The Big Short - I had a pretty good understanding of what led up to the global financial crisis given my line of work. Regardless, this was a great movie and I feel like it would be a pretty accessible way for those who don't know what happened to learn.
    23. Hook - Rewatch. I'm always disappointed when I'm reminded how poorly this film did critically. It's not perfect but I think it is far better than the 29% RT score. Not surprisingly it scores a significantly better 76% audience rating.
    24. Grease - Rewatch obviously. Took the kids to one of the historic theaters that shows older movies. Kind of forgot it was PG-13 (not that that's an issue in our house) and I'm glad some of the content likely went over even my oldest's head. I didn't notice an obvious reaction when Rizzo asks "What do you think this is, a gang bang?"
    25. Hunger Games - Rewatch with my middle child. This movie reminds that the series started off pretty strong.
    26. Black Panther - Finally got around to seeing this while still in theaters. Really enjoyed it.
    27. Coco - What a wonderful movie. Loved the story and characters. The visuals and music are a great way to show off a well put together system. Not T-Rex demo - a different kind of showing off a good system.
    28. A Wrinkle in Time - I never read the book so I didn't have a huge nostalgic attachment to the story. I thought it was so-so. Really basic plot and seemed like the writers got lost long the way.
    29. Hunger Games Catching Fire - Continuing watching with my middle daughter. Not as good as the first film but still pretty solid.
    30. Hunger Games Mocking Jay Pt. 1 - More of the same.
    31. Ready Player One - I really love the book so it was going to be hard for the movie to live up to that. There was a time during production when this looked like a disaster but luckily it wasn't. A little too frenetic in places for me but I still really liked it. (added 3.31.18)
    32. The Dark Tower - Better than I expected given the negative reviews but still a bit lacking. Great PQ and sound effects. (added 4.4.18)
    33. The Hitman’s Bodyguard - Great action comedy that hit the spot for me. Loads of chases and fight sequences. (added 4.4.18)
    34. The Space Between Us - This did not deserve the 16% Rotten Tomatoes score it got. It is pure manipulative cheese but I would put it on par with Everything, Everything and that got a 46%. So, not a great movie either way but I watched it with my wife and middle daughter and everyone enjoyed it. Tweens are probably the target market. My kid gave it 8/10. (added 4.15.18)
    35. A Quiet Place - Good, highly recommended. Perfect balance of tension and scary. See my comments in the threat for the film. (added 4.14.18)
    36. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - Really great action/adventure comedy. Highly recommended (added 4.21.18)
    37. Thor: Ragnarok - Another solid entry from Marvel but not top of the heap. Some good humor but sometimes a bit too much irreverence (don't try to be Deadpool) (added 4.21.18)
    38. Justice League - Good action and sound but a bit messy from a tonal perspective. More Gal Gadot is always good though. (added 4.21.18)
    39. Logan Lucky - I like a good heist movie and this is a good heist movie. Highly recommended. (added 4.21.18)
    40. Killer Joe - This film is disturbing but riveting. If summary I wrote on the forum doesn't turn you away, give it a shot. (added 4.29.18)
    41. Blockers - Meh. My wife and I both agreed on that. We did find ourselves laughing uncontrollably multiple times but it feels like a string of immature jokes rather than a movie with a plot. Not as good as its forefathers such as American Pie and the original Hangover movie. (added 4.29.18)
    42. The Lobster - I really enjoyed this one, apparently more than most but I thought it was brilliantly done.
    43. Avengers: Infinity War - Top 5 Marvel and I like these films.
    44. The Breakfast Club - Total Classic, re-watch with my middle daughter. Definitely pushing the boundaries with this one but she enjoyed it. (added 5.18.18)

Last edited: May 19, 2018 at 11:55 AM
  2. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Active Member Donor

It's only been two weeks, and I already have problems recalling what I've seen, but here goes:

1. Cars 3 - gift from my daughter, who works for Disney. Decent, but missable
    2. Pearl Harbor - hadn't seen it since it came out, better than I remembered, but still a Bay/Bruckenheimer movie
    3. Spy Game - much better than I remembered, recommended, grows with a rewatch
    4. Intolerable Cruelty - Cohens, Clooney, Catharina Z, what can go wrong?
    5. Alien Covenant - Second viewing, better than Prometheus, whatever that means.
    6. Indiana Jones and the last crusade - classic
    7. Star Wars Rouge One - good, but not TLJ (which I seem to be alone in liking)
    8. Shine A Light - late dinner Friday night, gf didn't want a movie, so I picked this, better than I remembered, Scorsese, Stones, hell, the Buddy Guy scene alone is worth it.
    9. The Force Awakens - getting better with each viewing, can't wait to see TLJ at home, love Rey.
    10. A History of Violence - Cronenburg, hadn't seen this for a long time, Viggo, Ed Harris, very atmospheric, nice camerawork, interesting story, holds up well after almost 15 years.
    11. Atomic Blonde - second viewing, and did it grow, wow. Charlize as ever is great, but I didn't quite realize it was based on a comic the first time, but now it all makes sense, and the cinematography is just great, as is the acting. I lived thru the fall of the wall, and this is like being there, from a distance, watching it. Great, underrated. And Charlize, wow ...
    12. Four Weddings and a funeral - great casting, fantastic writing, superb dialogue, still wonderful. Followed by:
    13. U2 - I & E live in Paris, probably their best tour since Zoo TV
    14. Never wipe tears without gloves, Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar (TV Mini-Series 2012) - IMDb, 3-hour miniseries about the AIDS plague in Stockholm in the 80s, the time I grew up. Very strong, and highly recommended.
    15. Trafic - still holds up, long, with many story lines, excellent acting by Douglas, Zeta Jones and the rest of the cast
    16. Kingsman the Golden cirlce - I liked the first one, but this was like Men In Black II, what a waste of money and talent. Good God, how this got funded is beyond me.
    17. Syriana - still great
    18. A Good Day To Die Hard - better than I remembered, which isn't really saying much.
    19. Ghost Writer - suspenseful and interesting, good actors.
    20. American Gangster - extended edition, of course. Even better than I remembered, brilliant cinematography.
    21. Blade Runner, the final cut, always great, in anticipation of tomorrow's ...
    22. Blade Runner 2049 - which I originally thought was the world's worst and most unwanted sequel, but turned out to be great.
    23. The Departed - I prefer Infernal Affairs, but there are some pretty good actors in this one. Great atmosphere.
    24. It might get loud - interesting documentary on Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White.
    25. The Scorcerer's apprentice - Disney family entertainment, but pretty charming.
    26. Gone Baby Gone - Almost as good as Mystic River, but even darker, if possible. Great acting and directing, but it leaves you feeling miserable.
    27. Fargo - hadn't seen this since it came out, but wanted to revisit before starting on the series.
    28. Good Kill - good, as Niccol always is, but depressing.
    29. The World Is Not Enough - Dr Christmas Jones may be the worst Bond girl ever, but the boat chase on the Thames is great.
    30. Farinelli Il Castrato - hadn't seen this for many years, still great.
    31. Our Kind of Traitor - really great, but apparently not so much so on the first watch as I saw it on sale on my fav online dealer and placed an order, only to come home and see it on my shelf, so obviously I'd bought and watched it earlier, but forgot ... but I cancelled my order, and rewatched my copy, and it was great.
    32. The first two episodes of The Persuaders, hasn't really aged so good, but lovely locations, and brings back childhoos memories. Oh, those clothes.
    33. Thelma and Louise - still great, acting, cinematography, all is great in this.
    34. Trainspotting + Transpotting 2 - Wow! How could I have missed this? What a powerful combo to see back to back, quite intense.
    35. Enemy of the state - it's Bruckenheimer, and Tony Scott, but boy, was this movie ahead of its time. It's also Gene Hackman, a legend.
    36. The Village - even better than I remembered, almost as good as Unbreakable.
    37. Titanic - it's that time of the year. It is still great. Wow, what filmmaking.
    38. Gone Girl - fantastic, interesrting story, well acted
    39. The Judge - I don't understand the hate, Downey and Duvall are great, as is Vera Farmiga (always), the plot is good, the story unfolds slowly, and is well shot, what's not to like?
    40. The Island - Ewan and Scarlett, and Steve Buscemi, not bad.
    41. Skyfall - really good until they actually reach Syfall, when it gets a bit long. Beautifully shot.
    42. Avicii: True Stories - documentary on Tim Bergling
    43. A Most Wanted Man - Le Carré, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Anton Corbijn, great.
    44. The Last Jedi - I like this a lot, the perfect end to Luke. Also the long making-of on the blu, quite interesting.
    45. Dazed and Confused - even greater than I remembered, although I was the class of '79, in a much smaller town, it brings back memories.
    46. Coco - pretty sweet, and I loved the dog, but ultimately not as great as Inside Out, although gorgeous colors and animation.
    47. Munich (or München, as it's called on my cover) - still as powerful, still think it's one of his very best
    48. Almost Famous, 'untitled' bootleg cut - still holds up, great music, of course, and some great acting as well. Having just read the Jann Wenner bio adds to it.
    49. 2001, A Space Oddysey - still as great as ever. Just reading Benson's book, recommended.
    50. Contagion - Soderbergh is always interesting, and what a cast.

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 3:45 PM
    CJ likes this.
  3. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

I'm in. I watch quite a few. Here's what I've Redboxed and seen this year:

1. Jumanji. Welcome to the Jungle - I liked this one. Fun cast and a fun comedy. Two thumbs up.
    2. Brawl in Cell Block 99 - Vince Vaughn is not a smooth fighter. Movie was ok, fight scenes were like old Star Trek fights. Just awkward.
    3. Detroit - Well acted and an interesting story I did not know. I liked it, but some of it was hard to watch.
    4. Mother - I had a hard time figuring out exactly what was going on. Read the Wiki during the movie and it didn't help much.
    5. Brads Status - A look back, where am I at in life kind of movie that really just didn't connect with me.
    6. American Assasin - I'd like to see more of Michael Keaton like this. Good action movie.
    7. Logan Lucky - Fun movie for me. Surprised at the number of A list actors. Good time.
    8. Kidnap - TEDIOUS. I shouldn't have even rented it. Boo.
    9. Flatliners - OK. I like the original better but this one wasn't horrible.
    10. Kingsman: The Golden Circle- I loved the first one and this one was pretty good. These movies know what they are and just get busy being that. Fun action flick.
    11. The Mountain Between Us - Wife picked this one and I thought it would be terrible. Didn't FF the movie and didn't fidget around. Pretty good.
    12. Battle of the Sexes - I love tennis. I watch all the slams. Good cast. Turned this off about 3/4 through. Just boring.
    13. American Made - Like a Narcos that doesn't need subtitles. :D Another fun movie. I wanted to hate on Tom Cruise, but he was good and believable. Sounded good loud.
    14. The Foreigner - Jackie Chan is 63? WTF? Good cast, good story, good action, and a pretty fun. I had a good time watching this one.
    15. The Shape of Water - Wanted to love this one. Fantastic looking movie. Great set design. Not a lot of character development and I didn't love the story. I'm glad I saw it. I'd probably watch it again just to see it.
    16. The Snowman - Wanted to be 'The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo'. It wasn't. Convoluted plot, characters you don't care about. The location looked great. That was the only good thing imho.
    17. Cook off - Everyone wants to be 'Best in Show'. Cook off is not 'Best in Show'. Cook off is not good.
    18. I, Tonya - A fun watch especially if you knew the story. I was 24 in '94 so it was in my wheelhouse. My wife thought it was a made for TV movie. The soundtrack alone lets you know it's better than that. I liked it. But, it did seem like Margot Robbie wanted to make this movie and just made it. I don't know if that's how it went, but it wouldn't shock me. Allison Janney was great.
    19. Home Again - Redbox watch. Reese Witherspoon is cute. That's really all this one has to offer. No great anything but just limps along. Pass.
    20. Geostorm - A little preachy for me but not overly so. Scientifically unbelievable but an interesting premise and a pretty decent brainless flick.
    21. Last Flag Flying - Steve Carell was great in this. Not a lot of great things about this one, but I laughed hard and cried a bit and to me that's always a good movie experience. But, I'm a Marine veteran and this is a story about Marine veterans so it might just be me.
    22. Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri - I enjoyed this one. Frances McDormand's character had some soft moments, but mostly she just seemed like a asshole. I guess losing your kid my do that to you. Accurate portrayal of small town life in the midwest for sure. My favorite part was when "Lester" from The Wire (Clarke Peters) showed up to be the new sheriff. I love that guy. Pretty good movie. Go see it.
    23. Ready Player One - Didn't read the book, but the movie was OK. I'd probably rewatch just to catch all the characters I'm sure I missed.
    24. Blockers! - I loved this one. Stupid, vulgar and a good time was had by all. Man, John Cena is funny.
    25. The Darkest Hour - Fantastic. Great sets, great wardrobe, fantastic acting. See it. It's great.
    26. The Clapper - Silly Ed Holmes movie. Hadn't seen much on this and it wasn't that great. Mindless movie.
    27. Daddy's Home 2 - A good silly movie. Fun watch.
    28. Coco - Beautiful to watch and good music. Another Disney Pixar classic.
    29. Molly's Game - Way better than I thought it would be. Looked great, good pace and a good story. Really liked this one.
    30. All the Money in the World - Kidnap/ransom movie. Based on the book. Some big names in it, but not a great movie.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    CJ likes this.
  4. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member War Zone Member

I'll throw some in here since I seem to be catching up on more movies than expected.

1. Blade Runner 2049- Great visuals. Battlestar Galactica did it better. Stick with the original.
    2. Logan Lucky - The redneck Ocean's 11. Most enjoyable film I've seen all year.
    3. John Wick 2 - "Whoa".
    4. Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Much better movie than the fanbois are giving it credit for. -Knocking down a peg as it did not hold up on second viewing.
    5. It - Not the scariest movie ever but a great "80's" film. Stand By Me with an actual monster.
    6. Thor: Ragnarock - It rocks. Watch and learn DC.
    7. Alien/Aliens - Yes I let my kid watch it. And we named the dog Ripley. Say no more.
    8. Baby Driver - Wanted to like it more but still enjoyable.
    9. Sicario - Why did I wait this long? Great!
    10. Dunkirk - Masterfully made but did not really movie.
    11. Justice League - Not as bad as expected but a lost opportunity for DC playing Marvel catchup.
    12. War For The Planet Of The Apes - Blown away! Not the movie the trailers sold and that's a good thing. This one was special.
    13. The Shape Of Water - For me, a total letdown! Best Picture...Really?
    14. Jumanji - Welcome To The Jungle - Great fun and elevated by its terrific cast.
    15. Coco - Best Pixar film in years. Will watch again for sure.
    16. Annihilation - I enjoy slow sci-fi but I need to be engaged. Didn't care for the characters or where this was going. It was fine but will probably never revisit.
    17. I, Tonya - If it didn’t really happen this would be the best Soderbergh movie not directed by Steven Soderbergh. Surpassed the hype.
    18. Black Panther - Solid if not memorable.
    19. The Terminator - Forgot how well made this was and groundbreaking for it's time.
    20. Terminator 2: Judgement Day - Wow! James Cameron with a budget. Saw it countless times but this last viewing in HDR really brought it home. An action classic!
    21. Super Troopers 2: I laughed a bit..at what..can’t really remember.
    22. Event Horizon: For some reason I never caught this back in the day. Great visuals and mood. Should have been better.
    23. Deadpool 2: Not even close to the first. Humor felt forced, poor villain, rehashed too many elements of first film. Disappointed.

Last edited: May 19, 2018 at 1:49 PM
  5. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men have no tales - Better than the last one, but rewatch factor is greatly diminished.
    2. Jungle Book - fell asleep the first time I watched this because I was doped up on Medication, this time around, WOW, I missed a lot, very enjoyable!!
    3. The Town - The type of film that you can catch from the beginning, the middle, or the end, and still get glued to the screen
    4. Black Panther - Thoroughly enjoyed this, and to see some of the kids at work wearing the T-Shirts, very inspiring.
    5. Atomic Blonde - I was bored watching this
    6. Better off Dead - Jr High Guilty Pleasure, rewatchable for decades!!
    7. Blade Runner 2049 - Obsessed with this film
    8. Blade Runner (The Final Cut) - alright alright I get it now!!!
    9. Dunkirk - I was confused at first, but the visuals are stunning!!
    10. War For the Planet of the Apes - they are real!!!!!
    11. Batman Begins - Hated the editing of the fight scenes, but always a treat to watch.
    12. The Breakfast Club - Jr. High Guilty Pleasure part deux, one of those movies where you know almost every line
    13. No Country for Old Men - Still gives me the creeps
    14. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - I always gravitate to this film in the series.
    15. Nausicaa of the Valley of The Wind - My favorite Studio Gibli film. I always enjoyed "The Warriors of the Wind" which used to air on HBO back in the 80s, but could not believe how much was cut out of the film.
    16. Midnight Run - minus the Danny Elfman score, this is one of those films I never get tired of
    17. Logan - Tragic all around, but what a story!!!

CJ likes this.
  6. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Been sitting home after back surgery so I have been watching a ton of movies, new and old. I hope I can keep committed to adding here.

1. Logan Lucky - Wonderful movie, starts slow but rewarding in the end.
    2. 3 Billboards - I am so torn on this, its wonderful but for me in some ways agonizing to watch. Everything Matters.....
    3. Star Wars The Last Jedi - Loved it, seemed softer and more engaging than the last one.
    4. Blade Runner 2049 - An almost perfect movie.
    5. Jumangi - Meh, was kind of fun and a rental for sure.
    6. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - I liked it a good deal, what an imaginative movie. Did not like the actors much but sound and vision helped.
    7. Dunkirk - Wow just Wow, everyone needs to see this.
    8. Brads Status - Goood movie that many parents should view
    9. Kong - Not brilliant but enjoyable.
    10. The Mummy - Not very good at all. Not as bad as the new Transformers movie but biting that edge.
    11. The Wall, live in France - I also love Music discs and this new version of the Wall from Roger is the cats ass and a must see for anyone that likes this album.
    12. I have a weakness for fun action movies and pulled out a copy of The Rundown. What an excellent movie !! The pairing of Stiffler and the Rock was brilliant not to mention the awesome choice of Walken as the bad guy...They Took My Tooth and I want it back
    13. Thor-Ragnarok - What a good movie, lots of inside jokes.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Steve Wright, jasn and CJ like this.
  7. CJ

Bump

8. CJ

bump

9. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Well, let's see how I do here. I must be missing some stuff as I reconstruct. I wonder, do I need to watch "all" of something for it to count here? I think I'll not follow that rule. If I watched at least one full episode of a series, for example, I'll leave it in here. Anyhow.

1. Ash Vs. Evil Dead. Watched the whole series. Absolute mayhem. Sure after a while it's just one goddamn thing after another. But it's so over the top it fun the whole way. I loved it.
    2. Godless. Excellent. All around, just excellent.
    3. Sherlock. Watched several episodes. Really like it a lot. Love Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch.
    4. Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Yup, me too. Liked it a lot.
    5. The Imitation Game. Not the first time. I think this movie is rewatchable. Keira Knightley is the weakest link from my perspective.
    6. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie. Kids roped me into this. In the words of Charles Barkley, it's "turrbl".
    7. Leap! Kids liked it a lot. I didn't hate it, which is saying a lot given it's a musical about ballet, and I despise both.
    8. Altered Carbon: Season 1. Took a while to get rolling but I was invested by the end. Looks like it's lined up for Season 2...
    9. Ozark: Season 1. I wanted to like this a lot more than I did. Maybe my expectations were too high based on the buzz. But I found this lackluster.
    10. Narcos: Season 3. Good, but it's really hard to match the story of Pablo Escobar. Looks like they are headed to Mexico next season.
    11. Rogue One. Again. Liked it, again.
    12. Collateral. Not the Tom Cruise/Michael Mann one. The short series on Netflix. Did not enjoy the first episode and it looks like I won't finish it.
    13. Wind River. On Netflix, think it's a couple years old. Liked it a lot, sort of a slow burn, but not in the tedious way of Tarantino, nor the zzzzzz way of Eastwood.
    14. 47 Meters Down. Do not watch.
    15. Jurassic Park. The original! I wanted the kids to see it, though they are 8 and 10 and that's a questionable parenting decision. They were terrified, but like in a good way, and said so: "This is terrifying!". Especially by the T-Rex attack on the trucks. It was great. Also I remember when I first saw this movie and the look on my face when seeing the first live dinosaur on the island was basically the same as Sam Neill's. At the time, it was absolutely unbelievable. I loved reliving it.
    16. Black Mirror. Most recent season. I know San Junipero, and Hang The DJ is no San Junipero. Still, it was pretty good. The only episode I simply didn't enjoy was the dog one.

CJ likes this.
  10. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

So I don't have my log back to the first of the year, but I do have it back to the beginning of Februrary. Also I tend to rewatch movies from the late 90s and early 2000s a lot, so most of these are not new viewings: Also not including TV because this list would be WAY too long if I tried.

1. The Martian - Great. Book is better, but loved the movie
    2. Invincible - I'm an Eagles fan, so I watched this the morning of the Superbowl because I couldn't wait for the game to start.
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy - One of my favorite of the Marvel movies
    4. Almost Famous - I like the "Untitled" cut better so that's the one I watched
    5. Waiting ... - Stupid mid 2000s comedy with Ryan Reynolds. Toilet humor, etc. My type of comedy.
    6. Accepted - See above
    7. Chasing Amy - Wouldn't hold up great if it was a first viewing today, but was a pretty important film for me when I was in high school when I first saw it
    8. The Day After Tomorrow - I wanted to watch a disaster movie and it was the first one that came up. It's not good
    9. Demolition Man - this might be my wife's favorite movie. The original with Snipes and Stallone. Haven't seen the remake yet.
    10. Office Space - this movie is almost 20 years old and it shows some age here and there but office politics haven't changed much
    11. Star Trek (2009) - LENS FLARE
    12. Star Trek - The Motion Picture - I forgot how slow this movie is
    13. RED 2 - I liked the first one better
    14. Clerks - After Smith's heart attack I decided to rewatch most of his his movies (except Chasing Amy which I watched a few weeks earlier)
    15. Mallrats - see above. Critically underrated
    16. The Boat that Rocked (aka Pirate Radio depending on the cut.) Wanted to like this more than I did. Music was awesome
    17. Dogma
    18. Raider of the Lost Ark - still great
    19. Daddy's Home 2 - First one was pretty fun. This one was okay at best
    20. The Dark Crystal - Watched with my kids. They thought it was boring at first but got really into it by the end
    21. Good Will Hunting - My wife and I went on our first date to this movie. Love it.
    22. Dazed and Confused - Wasn't alive in the 70s but it seems to capture the period great. I like this movie a lot
    23. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - So a sequel is coming. That might be interesting
    24. Moneyball - Hadn't seen it before but really enjoyed it
    25. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - I can't believe I watched this movie as much as I did when I was younger. My kids would be freaked out by it.
    26. Clerks II - I wish he would've been able to make Clerks III, I really like these characters. "There's only one trilogy, and it ain't of the King, it's of the Jedi"
    27. Horrible Bosses - First time watching. I liked it more than my wife, she wanted laugh out loud funny and it's more Very Bad Things funny.
    28. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - This might be blasphemous but I like this better than Raiders of the Lost Ark
    29. Source Code - Okay movie for most of it, ending sucked
    30. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Look, this is not a great movie, but it's not as bad as you remember. Also my buddy retconned that he could survive the whole fridge incident because he's still drunk on the Holy Grail liquid which makes that work better for me. But if you think some of the scenes are ridiculous, you need to go rewatch the original 3 and remind yourself that they were always ridiculous.
    31. Spider-Man (2002) One of the few times it didn't bother me that there was another origin story because it was still newish and 6 or so years before the beginning of the MCU which changed how comic book movies were made.
    32. Spider-Man 2 - Better than I remembered but lots of zoom in on women screaming which sort of took me out of the movie
    33. Jumanji (1995) - Watched with my kids. We all enjoyed it
    34. Spider-Man 3 - As bad as I remembered. Maybe even worse. It's amazing that it's over two hours long and still this disjointed.
    35. Pitch Perfect 3 - I like these girls and had hopes this movie wouldn't suck. It did. Rewatch the first one if you want to see them.
    36. National Treasure - Wanted to watch an action/adventure movie with my kids that wouldn't be too scary. Fit the bill.

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 10:28 AM
  11. CJ