S7 Edge: Need help blocking #'s

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Ron-P, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I am constantly getting calls from several numbers, I go to the number and block it. But, some how, they still get through and I can't stop the spamming.

Any idea how and why their getting through on numbers I have blocked?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

They are rolling their ANI display through the local carrier numbers. You'll probably see more telemarketers using local ANIs going forward.

Why? Because they want you to pick up the phone.

3. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

I've been getting that crap for a couple years now on my landline. Unknown name and a local appearing number on caller id. Answered the first one thinking it's just a local wrong number, only to get a computerized pitch for some travel club bullshit. Have not picked up on an unknown name since then. Including one today. If they don't leave a message, not my problem.

4. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I just don't understand how they can get through on a number I have blocked.

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I called the number back and he said he sees I asked for them to stop calling me. So, they keep calling. I unleaded holy cussing he'll on him, then just set the phone down and walked away.

I'm gonna keep calling over and over and just set my phone down. Maybe then they'll get a clue.

6. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

The truth is that anyone can Spoof numbers. One can even get an App for the phone (e.g. Spoof Card). I get calls on the cell (not on the home as it is internet based and as it has good telemarketer blocking and I have a personal blacklist feature where I can either enter numbers or names) on average once a week or more, many from the same area code and exchange as my cell (which I got many moons ago in another state). I just hit the symbol on the iPhone that allows me to block that number (and they'll use another next week and I'll do the same). The bottom line is that they just don't care. If you Google the number, I'm sure you'll find comments on it.

7. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

I would guess the block is using the DNIS. DNIS is the true dialed number, it just doesn't always display. The ANI displays and you can make that whatever you want.

8. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I called them back 6 times today and they finally blocked me. Hahaha, maybe it worked, we shall see tmrw.

If they call, I will answer and put my phone in my pocket and let it go.

9. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member War Zone Member

I simply don't pick up calls from numbers that are not in my contacts. If it's important they leave a message and I call back in a few minutes. Telemarketers and such low lifes' never leave message.

Check this site, they may have an answer. If not ask the question. It's good site no junk mails or pushes from them.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Forum on XDA Developers

I have found very useful info for my phone/s there.