1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

RIVERDALE - Netflix

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Jason Lorette, May 9, 2017.

1. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Just starting watching this with the girlfriend...it's definitely a different take on the Archie universe...I'm only about 4 episodes in but kind of liking it so far.

Anyone else watching?

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Never heard of it. We're making out way through 13 Reasons Why.

3. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

Well, I had no idea this existed. I loved Archie comics as a kid. My sister was 8 years older than me and always bought the comic books. Unless I'm just missing it, looks like it's not available on Netflix here in the US. I'll have to look around.

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

I checked and couldn't find it on Netflix, either.

5. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

riverdale-header3.jpg

Odd because it's on Netflix up here and you folks usually have wayyyy more available than we do.

CJ - 13 Reasons is brilliant.

Jeff - Riverdale is very different, it's got a kind of Twin Peaks murder mystery vibe to it. I find it hilarious (and a bit depressing) that Luke Perry of original 90210 fame, plays Archie's Dad.

6. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

It wis a CW show and what I saw was actually decent but I think it is aimed at a younger demographic then me.

Jason Lorette likes this.
  7. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

This showed up on my "Recommended" list on Netflix last night...

8. JeffC

My daughter said I was too old to watch this. :D I told her she was too old for Pokemon. Fair enough, she said.

Barry_NJ likes this.
  9. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

It showed up on my recommendations list last night and I've added it to my queue.

10. JeffC

I gave it 15 and bailed. I'm too old for that. If some of you older gents push through and like it, I'll try it again. Too much good stuff to watch lately.