1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Olympus mic

Discussion in 'The Photography Lounge' started by Chris Slade, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

CJ do you have mic for your camera for shooting YouTube videos? Thinking I will make a few over the winter, but not sure if I need a mic.

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Yes, but I've had trouble getting good audio from it. I have a lapel mic that I use with an Olympus digital audio recorder. The first time I tried it I had it plugged into the wrong port and the second time it picked up a ton of rustling from my shirt that made the audio unusable. I'd probably recommend a better on-camera mic based on my experience. This one is super popular with vloggers. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015R0IQGW/?tag=homthelou-20

3. Chris Slade

yeah on camera was my plan

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

OK, that Rode is pretty much the standard then.

5. Chris Slade

Bought the mic and an slr gorilla pod. Will be here in a few days. Thanks.

6. Chris Slade

Mic and gorilla pod are here, it all fits together well. Looking forward to trying to make a video.