1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Mr Speakers Open Alpha

Discussion in 'DIY Lounge' started by Dustin B, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Ethers. Just get Ethers.

claud likes this.
  3. Dustin B

Small problem of a 10x price difference.

You had Alpha Primes? If a DIY Alpha Dog is the equivalent of what he sold is the Ether C worth 10x more. Know you think it's worth more than double.

I'm about to spend as much as an Ether C on audio, but I'll be getting 3 DIY Sound Group HTM12 kits and 4 Volt10 kits for the same money.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  4. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Do you want open or closed back headphones? Why? What is tour budget? Answer these questions and we can help you.

5. Dustin B

Tour budget is 0 as all funds will be going to the new theater build. I'm content with the Total BitHead and Sony 7506 I'm currently using too.

I'll do this at some point mostly for the fun of building it and as an excuse to play with my 3d printer more.

When I'm older and my theater is done and mortgage is gone I'll likely start exploring high end headphones more. Unless I do end up at the Phoenix office for work at some point and visit David and they blow me away do much I have to have them now ;)

6. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

I had the Alpha Dog and the Alpha Prime. Loved them. Decided to try the Ether C (I prefer closed back) and to me it was better, More neutral and much lighter. The Ether is open backed, the Ether C is closed. It's not about budget for me, it's about getting the sound I want. If you are on a budget then don't even consider high-end headphones!