1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Monoprice new cable line

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by DYohn, Aug 15, 2017.

1. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

2. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

Hmmm...peaks my curiosity. Have always been very satisfied with Monoprice interconnects. Best bang for the money, IMO.

3. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Looks nice for the money. Connectors can cost a fortune. On my top two systems the 2 pair of RCA connectors alone list for $300.

4. RJ

RJ Member

I love Monoprice. I'd venture to say that all my cables are Monoprice and I've never had an issue.

I'm tempted to try out the amp

5. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

It certainly looks like very well made with shielding. I could use a shorter interconnect between the receiver and the power amp. Unfortunately, 3ft is just about a foot short and 6ft is what I have now. The following is from their description -
    Patented Cable Technology
    • Two different solid OFC conductor gauges for best Bass and Midrange optimization
    • Flat OFC conductor for superior Midrange reproduction
    • OFC Spiral ribbon conductors provide maximum treble definition without harshness
    How does the Bass, Midrange and Treble frequencies know which wire to travel through? IMO it's sad that they succumbed to the unscientific mumbo jumbo. :(

DYohn likes this.