1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

*July Monthly Movie Drawing: Guardians of the Galaxy 2*

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by CJ, Jul 5, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

813g35aCYrL._SY679_.jpg

1) Any registered member of Home Theater Lounge is eligible to win the monthly drawing.
    2) To enter you must answer the question: What is your favorite Marvel film?
    3) Members may win up to 2 drawings per year.
    4) The winner will receive the movie being offered in that month's drawing, no substitutions or gift cards.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  2. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Guardians 2 comes out 8/22.... late in the month but I'll pre-order for the winner. Make your entries!

Barry_NJ likes this.
  3. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Hmmm... That's difficult, Iron Man (1) was great. Really enjoyed Thor (1). I really like them all, I just really enjoy the genre, and Marvel Studios has been doing a good job in my eyes...

P.S. Good luck with pre-order ;) for some reason Amazon hasn't been releasing Marvel Studios movies for Pre-Order(?) But that's okay, if I win I wouldn't be able to get it sooner from them anyway ;)

4. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

That's why I'm linked to the first movie... and "for some reason" is because they want to push their digital copy which IS available for order as of now.

5. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

I liked the original 'Iron Man.'

6. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

7. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

If I had to guess based on history, its Amazon that is the problem. Stupid decisions like not selling Apple TV on their site. I'm not going to buy your POS Fire Stick Amazon, I'm just going to go to Best Buy or the Apple Store.

Barry_NJ likes this.
  8. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Three way tie between Iron Man 1, Captain America the First Avenger, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Leaning toward The Captain.

9. Tex Thai

Tex Thai Member

Howard the Duck. No, wait, the Punisher. No, maybe the Wolverine. Aw heck, Captain America.
    I don't know, I had to search to find out what are Marvel movies, and then had to find out what MCU was.
    These films provide some mildly interesting fare, sometimes, but are not really my kind of movie.
    Oh, was Thor, er or Antman one? Deadpool? Iron Man?
    God Bless,
    Wayne

10. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

The first Iron Man is still my favorite Marvel movie.

11. Deadpool was great. Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2 were fun. But I'm going to go with Ant Man.

12. RJ

RJ Member

I would have to say Logan. I've been a fan of Wolverine since a kid and Logan was such a different movie from all the others. I was legitimately sad when I finished watching it.

Barry_NJ likes this.
  13. hatchna

hatchna New Member

Mine is a tie between Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. Hard to pick from those two. Both among my favorite movies of any genre.

14. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome!

15. NickRo

NickRo New Member

I'd have to go with Captain America The First Avenger. There are a lot of good ones though.

16. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma New Member

Captain America: Winter Soldier.

17. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Sorry for the delay... drawing from
    1. Barry
    2. Phil
    3. Randy
    4. Wayne
    5. Chris
    6. Travis
    7. RJ
    8. hatchna
    9. Nick
    10. Lou
    And the winner is @Randy Rhoton!

Randy, PM me your address and I'll get this pre-ordered.

18. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Congrats!

19. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Yay me!

Uh, but one thing, how does one send a pm on this new software? I've been to your profile page and other than the HTL "contact us" link, I don't see any 'send xxx a message' button. I suppose that will work for this so will use it.

20. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

First, Congrats Randy!! Second, I have been trying to preorder this BR from our sponsor and you can't. Its listed, but you can only sign up for an email if they ever get it.