1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

It's a kind of magic....

Discussion in 'DIY Lounge' started by Andrew Pratt, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

I am going to build a "magic mirror" following the various projects that have been built using a Raspberry Pi and a 2 way mirror. The projects are well documented and there's a whole forum dedicated to them so support shouldn't be an issue.

6 Best Raspberry Pi Smart Mirror Projects We've Seen So Far

I'll keep this thread updated as I make progress but step 1 was ordering the parts which should start to arrive next week while I'm away in San Diego.

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Sounds awesome! Document as you go. I'd love to see this.

What does it consist of? Two way mirror/frame, computer monitor, Raspberry Pi, wireless input devices?

3. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Member

Interesting! What are your design goals? I'm not sure watching videos on a mirror would be at the top of my list even though it looks possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

looked over the link and some others
    yeah, not something I can see being
    useful in my home

have fun

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

Yes its simply a computer monitor behind a 2 way mirror that is run off a Raspberry Pi. This isn't so much as a need but a fun project.