1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Drew Mitten, May 9, 2007.

1. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

(without giving too much away)

Name is Drew Mitten, I am a 16 year old brat. Have been into HT for a little over 3 years. What attracted me was the loud speakers and the huge kick ass tv screens. I also like to get a massage when you turn up them IB's. Plus I am a huge popcorn movie fan. Not many popcorn movies escape my eye. I really dig the horror and movies with a twist.

I am currently in school and work a part time job at a restraunt bussing tables. It's good money for what I want to do. I live In Atlanta Ga and if I ever see one of you guys unexpectedly on my porch I will get the shotgun. :lol:

Cheers!

Drew

2. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Hi, I'm [​IMG]
    Nuf said

3. John Beavers

John Beavers Active Member War Zone Member

Hi I'm John, and I'm a recovering gearaholic. Just say no to upgrades! :p

4. Kevin

Kevin Active Member War Zone Member

Hi i'm Kevin and i'm an Audio/Videophile.....nuff said 8)

5. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

The name is Ken. I'm a major in the U.S. Army. 35 year old father of two. We are tragically middle class so our purchases are few, calculated, but lean towards the extravagant. I love mountain biking, hunting, and gaming. My interest in home theater starting out as an attraction towards the more esoteric qualities of the hobby, but as I've evolved I've placed my attention more towards integration and gaming.

Oh, and we're moving to Kansas City in June/July so we'll get to put yet another living/media room together. Oh the joy/frustration of moving every two years.

6. stephenj

stephenj Active Member

I'm Steve.
    I'm 43
    I live in Louisiana
    I have been in to HT for about 10 years.
    That is all for now. :)

7. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

hello...I'm Carl (duh) 50
    I've been into Hi-Fi since about 1968....
    Since then I've jumped onto most every
    fad & format that came down the pike :oops:

I've been all over the map in terms of gear....
    you don't wanna know & I don't wanna add it all
    up....it would amuse you & depress me. But as
    a good dead head....Long strange trip it's been...
    I've enjoyed the ride so to speak. :D

8. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus Active Member

hi, im rich.

(um its my name, silly)

Im 35. I work for Target.

I say I fly kites, but dont much latley, i tinker with the HT since it loves me even if i neglect it for a month, and have just signed up to get scuba certified, though i said id do it when i moved to florida a decade ago.

so...im a freak. just like everyone else here. :)

9. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Hi, my name is Steve.

I am 42, which as Douglas Adams fans know, is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

For a generic job description, I am a Software Engineer at a major telecommunications systems, applications, and service provider.

When I saw my first laserdisc player back in 1980, I knew that I would one day have a dedicated home theater room. It took 20 years, but I finally built one.

Bizarre fact out of left field--I own the entire Time/Life Sounds of the Seventies collection on CD.

- Steve

10. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Bizarre fact out of left field--I own the entire Time/Life Sounds of the Seventies collection on CD.

- Steve

But do you own the Singers & Song writters collection from Time Life?...hmmmm!

11. Greg

Greg New Member

Hi everyone!

I'm Greg.

I've been into HT for about 12 years now.

12. David Head

David Head New Member

Hi, my name is David. I'm 46 and divorced, with two teen aged sons. My oldest son just finished his freshman year at the University of South Florida (major in Math and minor in Chemical Engineering). My youngest son is just finishing his freshman year in High School. He has played competitive soccer for 9 years and was part of the Olympic Development Program until he started High School (not enough time). He's currently first in his class and wants to play soccer at a Division I school. I live with a wonderful woman (who supports my music and movie habit) and her two sons (8 and 10).

I'm an Engineer with Honeywell and have worked there for 25 years. I've worked on the Space Shuttle, missile defense programs, satellite communication and other interesting projects. These days I work with groups throughout the Aerospace division to institutionalize knowledge capture processes.

I don?t post very often (don?t have the time), but I did visit HTT daily. I hope this site will replace the void and be as entertaining as Mike?s house was.

I'll add to Steve's bizarre fact out of left field. I was born in Phoenix, but I moved to Canada when I was 6 months old (my mother is Canadian) and spent my first 12 years there. My family moved from Canada in the mid-70s and we lived in Lexington, KY for a couple of years. I was chosen to be a bat boy for the Big Red Machine (Cincinnati Reds), but we moved to Florida before the season started. :( I did get to be a bat boy for them the next Spring Training season though. Yes, Pete Rose is an ass and Joe Morgan is one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

13. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

My name is Chad, I live about 5 miles south east of downtown Indianapolis In in a little area called Beech Grove. I work for a health insurance company ( no, not doing dirty work) and I am a father of 5, kinda. I have 2 she has 3.... I have been doing the home theater thing for quite some time and I am finally building my first dedicated space.

14. Tyson

Tyson New Member

I'm Tyson, 38, married with two young boys.

I am an E-5 in the Navy and am an electronics technician. My training background is computer hardware: networking, pc's, some Navy computers, printers, etc. Most of this experience was gained on my first ship, which I left in 2002. Since then, the Navy is still sending us electronic technicians (ET's) to these hardware schools, yet a different rate is taking care of this hardware gear almost fleetwide, leaving me without a real job wherever I go. The rest of the ET's are for the most part on the Radar or Comm's side of the house. I am a fish out of water in one more aspect of my life. Yay.

I was an HTT member on and off for about 6 years or so. Most strongly around 2004 and 2005 I think.

I am a huge film buff but I'm not a snob (hopefully) about it. I'll watch anything and I enjoy many movies. It is difficult for me to NOT find a redeeming factor or two in even the worst movies I have seen.

As far as gear goes, I am done upgrading for awhile, and it's been awhile since my last one. I don't really keep up with the technology very much at this point.

Music is equally important in my life as movies.

I guess that's about it.

C ya 'round.

15. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus Active Member

if its all the same to you sir, id like to use that too...

16. Tyson

Tyson New Member

No prob.

17. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

David,

I wonder if you know my brother-in-law Mike McDaniel. He was some top cheese in Honeywell's Aerospace division.

18. David Head

David Head New Member

Michael,

No, I've never met your brother-in-law. His name doesn't appear in the corporate directory either. There's one email entry that might be a match, but it doesn't show his location (although it looks like it was a former Allied Signal employee). Are you sure he still works for Honeywell?

David

19. Eric

Eric Active Member

I'm Eric,

31 years old. Recently moved to the space coast of Florida. I'm a mechanical engineer working launch support on Delta IV rockets for the United Launch Alliance. Before this, I worked launch support for the Ground Based Midcourse Defense arm of the Missile Defense Agency.

I've been in to HT since I was about 10, tinkering with our beta max and VHS players, wiring them in to the hi-fi. Really started to get in to it when I got out of school and started making money...friggin' expensive hobbies! :evil:

I'm currently homeless and HT-less. Waiting on my new house to be built before I can start in to the HT biz again.

Rich, whenever you finish up with your open water cert, let me know. I'll make the drive over and we can do some diving. Haven't done any since I left Kwajalein (middle of nowhere in the pacific), and I'm dying to get in the water down here. Spent last weekend in the Keys, but all we did was fish. Next trip is diving, for sure.

20. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

I'm the other Eric!

35 is knocking on the door for me. I live outside of Seattle (30 miles north). I worked as a graphic/web designer for approx. 7 years but left that to become a police officer almost 5 years ago. I still do design on the side. My two main hobbies are home theater and woodworking. I'll be posting DIY pics from time to time. I also enjoy going to the theater as well as watching at home so you'll probably see me mostly in the "software lounge".

-EJ