1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Here comes another one!

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Denton, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

2. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Just had a transfer switch installed for my generator & ordered a Gentent cover. If it comes this way we're ready.

3. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Yeah I look at the spaghetti models a couple of times a day. If for some reason it heads my way, I'll get a couple of gallons of gas for the generator (as it only has a drop). I have a manual switch.

4. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

Boy I hope we don't get a hurricane in Florida. I don't want any hurricanes, but I really don't want Florida.

5. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Same here. We're at Port of Miami at this very moment about to embark on the Glory. Was supposed to be eastern, while they've not said it's been changed to west ... in confident that it's been changed to west.

We'll be back before it gets up this way and will head north if it follows us home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

7. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Good lord this lady ain't messing around...stay safe down there everyone.

Attached Files:

8. Jason Lorette

Apparently the eye went over the island of Barbuda and wiped every structure off of it (a friend in Florida speaking to a friend in St. Kitts).

9. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

To everyone in Florida: batten down the house and head north and inland. Stay safe.

Jason Lorette likes this.
  10. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Good luck all you Floridians. I don't remember this kind of frequency, getting hit with two ferocious storms back to back. Irma doesn't have Harvey's deluge of rain, but the winds is killer.

11. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

I have friends in Miami they are staying put. Reason they survived Andrew with minimal damage, since then they have hurricane proofed their house per Miami Dade standards plus.

12. Denton

No way out. The roads are parking lots. Bend over, grab your a** and hang on.

13. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

I'm getting ready to put up my storm panels. We're staying put and will ride it out at home. We'll likely be hosting our younger daughter's family and possibly the elder and her kid, as well. I've made several trips to stock up on supplies already and will likely make more over the next few days. Bottled water has been being rationed by the stores for several days and some gas stations are running out of fuel. And that's in the Tampa area; if the news is accurate, Southeast FL is a lot worse.

14. capsuleri

If you have bath tub fill it up with water. If not fill buckets with water. You will need that to brush teeth, flush toilet etc. Top off at least one larger car. Have MRE kinds of food at hand.

15. capsuleri

Sacrifice the nuts? Reminded me of an old joke - What did the hurricane tell the coconut trees? Hang on to your nuts I'mma going to give you an unforgettable blow job! Certainly sounds true for Irma!!

claud likes this.
  16. Jason Lorette

Ummm...crap.

Attached Files:

17. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Shifted to the west a bit and now it is looking like we might see some cat 3 level winds here in Tampa. Still hoping that it might shift back to east.

18. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

We're still in Mexico. Unsure when we'll
    Be able to get to Miami. Kids are all headed north so we're all fine for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DYohn likes this.
  19. Denton

Holy sh*t.

20. Eric

Eric Active Member

I moved just in time. My old house is on a barrier island....mandatory evacuation starting today at 1500. Kind of feel bad for the folks that bought it....I had it 10 years and only saw one tropical storm and last year's Hurricane Matthew (which made a nice turn to the north just before making landfall in my area). They've been in it a month, and already there's a monster bearing down on them.

I'm keeping in contact with all my friends/family being affected by this one. Wish there was something more I could do for them, but I'm selfishly happy I got out this year.

Fingers crossed for all of Florida and the Southeast.