1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

HBO - A Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Troy Seufert, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

A bit surprised to see no GoT discussion.

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

Give it a few episodes. Wasn't a spectacular opener that really has you wanting to talk.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I have several things to say. Are we going to assume we can spoil and people will not go in this thread if they're not caught up?

4. murrayb

murrayb Active Member War Zone Member

Assume away. Gotta say that when the witch took off her necklace, she became really hot. :)

5. CJ

OK, so what's up with Melisandre is probably the biggest question from S6E1. That and is there still any hope for John Snow. If you have a good memory or do any online reading, you know Melisandre has taken the necklace off before and didn't turn old. don't think the creators made such a huge continuity error so I think the necklace is a gas tank for power not the SOURCE of it. I think she could maintain her smokin' ass body with or without the necklace for some period of time.

So there are a few other theories. The one I hope for is that she's mentally preparing herself to do something major (maybe still resurrect JS) and / or wants a reminder of her power or what happens if she forsakes the god of light after all the shit she's been through.

The other big thing for me was Sansa finally getting back with someone who can maybe protect her. Although I think there was a continuity error here. During / after they kill the Bolton's guards, where are the dogs. One would assume they would be attacking Brienne and whatever her page's name is while they're killing Bolton's guards but they just disappeared. Any way, I'm curious where Sansa goes from here.

Finally, obviously there is going to be a Daredevil crossover and Aria is going to learn to fight blind. I hope they don't ruin that character.

6. Andrew Pratt

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2016
  7. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Not sure where they are going with Mel. IDK if she'll renounce the god of light, but previously she's always said she's never cold, and warmed from within by the lord of light. She's standing in front of the fire before taking the necklace off, obviously cold and gets in bed under the covers. Everything that has happened has been for not. Stannis is dead, and because of her so is his kid and wife, plus all the men, etc. Probably questioning her devotion to the lord of light.

D&D continue to fuck up the Dorne plot line.

Looking fwd to the adventures of Jorah the Explorah.

I too want mutton.

WTH is the spoiler tag?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2016
  8. Drew

9. Drew

What is dead may never die.

10. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

A good episode, even if most of it was pretty transparent. I liked the dragon scene the most. Those bastards just need to toast the entire psychotic world of Westeros.

11. Andrew Pratt

I guess so!

12. Drew

Davos - "They'll be no living with her now".

13. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

I was really looking forward to this one. My wife bought the first season. I made it about an hour in and bailed out. Maybe I'll try again later.

14. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

My wife said it got way better pretty quickly after I went out to the shop. Of course.

I don't really have time for a binge watch but she's going to buy more seasons today when we go out.

15. Andrew Pratt

No talk about the final?

16. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

No HBO. I am so far behind. :(

17. Drew

Miguel needs to direct all the episodes!

18. Andrew Pratt

It was an explosive finger licking good episode!

19. CJ

Last two episodes were good. I argue with my coworkers about how many duds in a row there were leading up to that. Seemed like there were a lot of unnecessary sub-plots or maybe rather, unnecessary amounts of time spent on certain sub-plots. Some things resolved like Sam's and Arya's story arcs and Dorn, but I don't know that we needed all the details leading up to this to be on screen.

20. Andrew Pratt

Considering there's only 12 shows left (rumoured) they have an awful lot left to cover if they want to tie up all the sub plots so that they make sense.