1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

HBO - A Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Troy Seufert, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

For any of you who have read George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, you can't help but be excited that HBO has ordered a pilot for A Game of Thrones!

If they are happy with the pilot, then it's possible they would pick it up for series. The plan, if all goes well, is to devote a season to each novel. Wow!

This is all still in the very early stages right now. No casting has been done, but it's likely they will begin that early in 2009 with filming to commence in summer of 2009.

There is a ton of good information following the whole process at the following website.

LINK

This could be an amazing bit of television in the vein of Rome or Tudors, but with a little bit of magic thrown in.

For those who are not familiar with the novels, it's essentially high fantasy but with a much more realistic setting.

From Wikipedia:

2. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

3. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I'm digging the cast so far. I need to hurry my ass up and start reading.

4. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

I've been following this closely and yes, the cast looks amazing. The videos I've seen have been terrific, and the sets and costumes look outstanding!

5. Jason Lorette

The author on HBO said that one day he walked onto the set and was a little shaken because he said it was "like stepping into my own mind's eye" he said it was creepy how much everything looked like it did in his head.

Jason

6. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

I am really looking forward to this, I love the genre, have faith in HBO, although the Deadwood debacle still pisses me off, they have done really fantastic work with series television.

Also, love Sean Bean....

7. matts

matts Active Member War Zone Member

Read the 4 books so far and I am looking forward to the HBO series. Now if Martin would just finish up the rest of the series that would be cool. At least Goodkind wrapped up his epic even if it was about 4 books too long.

8. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

:2tu:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43LW7a_NKMk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43LW7a_NKMk[/ame]

9. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

I saw this teaser today before yesterday's Boardwalk Empire - I'm really looking forward to the show!

10. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

Oh man.... I guess this willbe another show on a station I don't get that I will have to buy on iTunes - good thing I got that Apple TV :D

11. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

12 Minutes of Game of Thrones goodness!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVKp5nYxyI"]Inside Game of Thrones[/ame]

12. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

Thanks Troy! Pretty cool. :tu: I wasn't sure when it started (April) and I pictured the dragon eggs as being a bit larger.

13. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

That is a great little background piece.

14. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

My coworker who is a big fan of the books just said "that's nice, when the fuck is he going to finish the books?"

15. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

I loved how big the Dragon Skull was....crazy.

And the Hound's helmet...sweet!

It's going to be a long wait til April....but not nearly as long a wait as for the next book. :p

16. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Premiere date set for April 17th!

17. Jason Lorette

I just started reading the books...I can't wait for this...looks sooo good!

18. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Eleven new production stills from Game of Thrones!

Photos

19. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

New trailer is out. Sweet!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ5p18wIQEI&feature=player_embedded"]LINK[/ame]

20. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

God I hope this series is available on iTunes :crying: