Han Solo film

Discussion in 'Movies' started by CJ, Jun 26, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin War Zone Member Top Poster

More details come to light about the firing of the co-directors last week or the week before.
    'Star Wars' Firing Reveals a Disturbance in the Franchise
    phil_lord_chris_miller_-_headshot_-_h_-_2016_0.jpg

2. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

Thanks for sharing

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

The trailer looks decent. Not sure just yet..im hoping it's Rogue One good...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

4. CJ

5. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

I'll be honest, considering how short-noticed this teaser was, I actually thought they were going to use digitized younger Han and Lando images, similar to how Tarken and Leia were portrayed in Rogue One. It's not a perfect tech by a long shot but considering we are usually presented with a Star Wars trailer a year before the film is released, behind the scenes issues and all, the thought of perfecting the characters in this manner would take a lot of time and they wanted something presentable for the public.

It's just a teaser, but it looked good to me.

6. CJ

7. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Can't wait!!

8. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Saw it last night..

Thought I would have a hard time with someone not named Harrison Ford playing the role.

It was mostly enjoyable if you did not pick it apart. I got used to the new guy quicker then I expected.

Max

9. CJ

That's good to hear because I've been hearing that he basically ruined the movie his acting was so bad.

10. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Has the Star Wars shark been jumped yet?

11. CJ

It was jumped in 1999 man. The new shit is good.

12. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

CJ,
    I think that had more to do with the fired directors and Ron Howard reshot like 80 percent of the movie and was saying the kid was fine and he was. I think the other guys were trying to improvise a movie and the kid wasn't up to that while when given lines to rehearse and learn he did fine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

13. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Friend of mine said he dozed off a few times. Two glowing reviews. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying every SW film should be 99% on RT. I guess at least this one didn't have Rose in it, or space Monte Carlo.

Max Yokell likes this.
  14. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member War Zone Member

This is what will be going on my 365 list...There is good Star Wars and there is Holiday Special Star Wars...This is barely better than Holiday Special Star Wars...God awful!

Completely pandering to Star Wars fans, didn't even feel like it was in the Star Wars "Galaxy". I didn't laugh once, feel the need to cheer or care in the least about what was going on. A total mess of a film.

Adding this review because it is point for point my feelings on this film. Spoilers for those who care but if you see the movie, watch this review.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  15. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Anything better than "The Last Jedi" is alright with me. Mind me because I've been sick since Thursday, so my spirits aren't as high as they should be. But, I did enjoy this film.

You gotta ask yourself, is it fan service, or just the environment that is, Star Wars? I asked myself this question when I saw Rogue One.

I also asked myself, now that I've listened to a couple of novels, some of them not having any thing to do with "The Skywalker Family", does this fact help out dealing with unfamiliar characters, along side unfamiliar stories and environments? For me, yes it does. This tells me that the Star Wars Universe is infinite, and there are other characters we've yet to discover and explore.

I personally had no problem with any of the characters, the script, or the acting. The Genesis of what appears to be the characters we've gotten to know and love is very similar to how the characters in the JJ Abrams version of Star Trek came to be. IMO this was the weak spot for me, but wayyyyyyyyyy better than the "transformation" of Anikan to Darth Vader.

There's so much to this story, as the movie alluded to a sequel of some sort, but it brings alot of ingredients to the kitchen. The OT, Prequals, and the Clone Wars TV series play a role in this new film.

This movie is not for everyone, but as for me, this appears to be a film worth multiple views, unlike The Last Jedi, a movie in which I've yet to purchase the Blu Ray.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

16. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Thank you, Jay. I sense that I am not the target audience again. However, I did see "Book Club". :confused:

17. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

I thought the movie was ok. There are places in this where the Han Solo kid reminded me of a young Jack Nicholson. I didn't think his acting was bad at all.

Now. Some parts of this movie dragged and I did lose focus for a bit. But, it picked back up. I place it above the last two actual series movies but I liked Rogue One better.

18. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Just saw it. Liked it, didn't love it. Held my attention, slow spots were few and not over long, but it seemed to lack the scope and scale of later times in the series. Tried a bit too hard to come up with an explanation of a certain distance measurement that's bugged fans since ep. 4 came out. I had no real problem with the actors in these roles. An OK film, I give it a good 6 out of 10.

19. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

34087922_1984451401585603_3236176751373582336_o.jpg

Denton and Carl V like this.
  20. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Well, whadda ya know bloom county is still active. I didn’t know.