1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Don't want to wait too much longer.....

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by claud, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Congrats on the purchase!

2. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I don't watch much TV and I don't have a SMART Home, Smart TV nor am I smart.
    my PDP-602-FD has been a great Monitor. Most times when I have guys over for games
    we fire up the PJ.

Things may change soon. and nice SMART TV with OLED UHD capability would be nice.

I've seen a few BIG LCD/GLED at a few homes. expensive but nice for sports.

3. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Carl, I saw some 75"+ TVs where I bought mine. They are hard to resist, but above 65" TVs the 70s and bigger in the newest tech are SOOOOO expensive. They would sell the hell out of them if they were 6-7 thou instead of 14 thou.

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Congrats! OLED or maybe Quantum Dot will probably be the replacement for my Samsung plasma when it dies or moves to another room.

The Sammy is just beginning to show its age; a very slight pink band is just visible across the upper 1/3 of the screen when there is a white backgtound. There is a fix for it and I'll take care of it, but it is a sign that age is beginning to take its toll.

5. Rick C

Rick C Member

Decided to make a small plunge into 4K. Our main viewing area is the loft which has 106" screen and projector and a 70" Vizio for casual viewing. Our living room has a 50" Samsung Plasma that has been great but now seems small.

Saw an LG 65" LCD (65UJ6300) at the store a few days ago and noted the model. Frys had it on a one day today so I made the leap. Not the greatest TV but for our bright living room, daytime viewing and the news it should do the trick at a great price.

6. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

My buddy who hosted us for the golf trip had a 90 incher mounted on the wall in the basement man cave. We were busy with the pool table, darts and wine so I didn't get to check it out. Mighty big TV for a vacation house.