1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Defenders (Netflix)

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Barry_NJ, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Just saw the trailers on YouTube, looks good!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. murrayb

murrayb Active Member War Zone Member

I am looking forward to it. I've enjoyed all 4 of the predecessor series.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I'm also looking forward and watched all of the predecessor series. When does JJ S2 come out?

Barry_NJ likes this.
  4. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

So I binged this in two, four hour, sessions this past Friday and Saturday night... Yeah I have no life ;)
    I enjoyed it, but still don't get the Iron Fist character. Is he that much of a naive brat in the comic too? I also don't understand why he uses his super power so infrequently, there are multiple fight scenes where he doesn't use it, or uses it only briefly(?)

5. nolan

nolan Member

I don't like get the Iron Fist character either. He seems quite flat somehow? And very boring in comparison to the others. Plus it would have been lovely if they had cast an Asian character as Iron Fist. His storyline depends so much on Asian Culture it would have been nice if they had found an Asian actor too but oh well. It's too late now I suppose :D

Overall, I thought they took too long to get to the *real* plotpoint and there was no clear storyline from the start. I did enjoy seeing Jones, Cage, and Daredevil again and seeing them interact :)

6. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Nolan, they have not gotten Iron Fist quite right but he should not have been Asian. In the comics he has always been the blond hair blue eyed guy that learned from the Asians. In many ways he is like Bruce Wayne of Marvel. They just did not nail it quite right. I don’t care for the actor at all.

7. nolan

nolan Member

I do know that he's white in the comics I'm not a complete idiot lol it would've been nice is all I'm tryna say!