1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Dark Tower

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Carl V, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Saw this today in a DOLBY Cinema
    which is one of our finest.
    Certainly one of the loudest...but actually
    damn nice.

The story is good VS Evil
    The Sound track is Frenetic
    same as Batman V Superman

Photography and SFX are good.

Acting, well is serviceable.

Plot is mostly predictable

nolan likes this.
  2. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Thanks for the review (makes it easier as I don't go to as many or buy as many discs as I used to - some will wait for Netflix or the bargain bin)

3. nolan

nolan Member

I didn't really enjoy it to be honest! But yes, the plot was very predictable

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I thought about holding off on seeing this and maybe starting the book (its a whole series, right?) Now maybe I'll just hold off for the rental any way.

5. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

My daughter's short review: The movie was OK and McCannahey kept his shirt on so that was a plus.

6. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

That's a plus? I figure you'd want a distraction from... his personality.

Barry_NJ and DYohn like this.
  7. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I thought it was better than expected. But, given that JJ Abrams started as director, followed by Ron Howard, and then Nikolaj Arcel, I didn't expect much. The Dark Tower felt incomplete. I can't blame the director(s) for wanting to be part of what they thought might be the next "Game of Thrones" or "Harry Potter". The potential money would make you drool. It remains to be seen if there will be a sequel.