1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Can Micro SD Cards Go Bad?

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Jack Keck, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Member

I use my phone through bluetooth speakers, headphones and even my sound bars for casual listening. I play either my Sirius app or my mp3 files from my SD card. Lately, I have been getting weird noises that I can't really describe when I listen to the mp3 files. I replaced the phone, tried a different app, and every speaker I have. I think I've narrowed the problem to the card, hence my question. Can files on these little cards be corrupted?

2. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Did you try reformatting it?

3. Phil A

The reason I ask is that I have a Dash Cam. A fair amount (maybe half) of the time when it gets full it does not overwrite and won't record. I reformat it and it works fine.

4. Phil A

Of course back up your data if you reformat as it will erase what is on the card.

5. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

I would take it out of the phone and plug it into a computer and try to play the mp3 files. You will know right away if the file/s are corrupted. If you find corrupted files you can try this program to fix it.. I have not used it so don't know how well it works. Generally programs found on Sourceforge are good.

MP3val