1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

"Atomic Blonde"

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Denton, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

More brain splatter than I've seen before and an 80's soundtrack. Charlize gets nekked. Kewl action sequences. More lesbos than "Wonder Woman".

I liked it.

CJ likes this.
  2. Eric

Eric Active Member

I thought it was OK. Good enough story, lots of *ahem* "action".

I just thought they tried too hard to be something more than a popcorn flick, which probably isn't a goal that can be realized with this type of flick. Better editing, better cuts between scenes, a few other things, and this one would be high on my list of popcorn flicks.

3. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

uh yeah Pop Corn...

David & Diane might find it entertaining
    or enticing.

4. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

No interest.

5. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

I have only seen the commericals on TV. Looked (in those) like it might have borrowed some stuff from 'Salt' (Salt (2010) - IMDb).

6. Seriously, Charlize, choreographed fights, half naked nice looking women, what's not to like?
    OK, stupid script, but I'll still give it a shot, it's Charlize ;)

7. Denton

Theron bought the rights to this "graphic novel" shortly after it was released. She is listed as a producer on the movie. The story deals with Russkies vs the west just before the Berlin Wall was torn down. Not brilliant but probably not stupid... in a relative sense.

BTW, Charlize is about 42 and looks good to me. :D

8. Phil A

42 is jail bait for me:(

9. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I only mentioned the Yohn connection based on past reference to her sensuality.
    the movie is weak, very. Pop corn fluff...no more no less than what others have done or do

10. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Me too, but I still like to look.

11. Phil A

Don't tell anyone - I look too:cool:

12. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Oh I wouldn't mind a look. But we are sick of comic book crap movies.

13. nolan

nolan Member

It was okay. It's not anything we haven't seen already, but it's refreshing to see more mindless action movies starring female protagonists than male ones. Score was nice though

14. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I'll still probably check this out at home. Sometimes I just need to watch stuff blow up and people get punched.

Barry_NJ and Denton like this.
  15. Denton

Put the kids to bed first. :)