1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Apple is stunning and brave

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Drew, Sep 7, 2016.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Eh, I feel like we've crossed the point where we're just looking for reasons to mock other generations' habits. Headphones really aren't that big of a deal and the person could just as easily be engrossed in reading an email or an article.

2. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

3. John F

John F Active Member War Zone Member

I bought a pair of Airpods.

I was concerned about the fit, but the store let me try them out. One ear does feel a little loose, but they do sit very well in my ears and I don't see them falling out.

The sound quality is fine. I would say they are very close (the same) to my cheap wired IEMs. FWIW, I'm not an audiophile.

I do like the convenience of them. I thought the battery life may be a hindrance, but in reality, with the charging in the case, there is no problem.

Things I miss... I wish they had some control for pause, loudness, next track, and previous track. The next IOS version should solve the pause problem.

I also bought a pair of Anker bluetooth IEMs. I'll be using the Airpods and the Ankers will be a backup.

I need to look into whether I am getting bluetooth drop outs. My first week, I would get occasional hicups (maybe once every other song). The past week, I don't think I've had any drop outs. The next time I get some drop outs, I'll see if it is the rip or bluetooth. I did have one bluetooth disconnect, the phone was 3 feet away, and needed to do a start/stop of bluetooth on the phone to get the airpods to reconnect; I had a similar problem with the Ankers.

And a question... I take it Airpods are earbuds, as they don't have a rubber seal?

4. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, that's the double edged sword for me. It's nice in some settings that they're not completely isolating, but they are useless on an airplane (I speak from experience).

5. I think this is a bug in the latest update of iOS, I started to get it with the bluetooth connection in my X5 too.