1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

18 inch Dayton Sub Kit

Discussion in 'DIY Lounge' started by Mike B, May 19, 2017.

1. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Lookin' good in the neighborhood.
    have ya ever pulled those mundorfs out
    into the room on stands?

??landscapper??

2. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Yeah, going to get the deck replaced in the back. After 35 years the wood is starting to rot. Going to get the front porch fence replaced too, same story. Also some bricks to replace loose rocks, a slab for a hot tub in the side yard, and some xeriscape in front. Spiffy up the outside while doing the same on the inside.

No, never moved the Mundorfs and never will. The HT is location fixed right between the fireplace and the window. Stands would trip me or get knocked over by playful dogs tearing around the house with "night crazies"

Gonna look even better with the OLED TV and the new receiver - :)

3. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

It hot out here, over a hundred, good time to stay in and watch movies all day (and night) so that's what I did yesterday and that's the plan for today too. The more I hear it (or not) the more I like it. As mentioned it's very clean sounding and blends better than the old one. Me thinks because the box doesn't flex like the old one. When the avalanche happens in Everest you feel it in your chest. First time I've used one of these Dayton "Reference Series" drivers and they are noted for low distortion and I think this is true.

So I'm very pleased. I have a good sub that looks just like I wanted it to look and works well. Not to mention that seeing that 18 inch driver well outlined and pointing right at you just screams "this is a home theater" - :)